Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Planing the Spray Foam

The next step in my patented Masterbond-SP wall system, is to use a tool I invented, the Vac-Planer. We use these on all of our exterior jobs as it is a crucial piece to my patented wall system process. I use my patented Vac-Planer tool to plane the dried spray foam insulation to a perfectly flat surface. It has an optional vacuum attachment that is great to keep job sites clean. It's optional as some jobs, such as this one, occupy such small spaces that the vacuum hose is not useful. Shaved foam chips are easy to sweep or vacuum up afterwards if you don't use the vacuum attachment.

The first thing I like to do is to dig out any fixtures. Here I've dug out the heater components. Here I am in action, planing the wall.
(NOTE: You may want to mute your computer or turn down volume before playing this video clip as it is live and full volume!)

This is a profile picture of the sprayed foam before I planed it. This is a profile picture of the same wall after I planed it. I've placed a straightedge on it to check for low and high spots.
Once I assess the high and low spots, I then fine tune the wall and sculpt desired portions with a round brush (actually designed for grooming horses!).

This is a sculpted flare above the wheel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment