Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Under the Big Tent


All proper castles have tents in their courtyard hiding the wonders of the world within. The bearded lady...the snake man...the world's first stucco motor castle!

I had to do a little rearranging of vehicles etc. to accommodate the final phases of my stucco motorhome. Taking down the neighbor's fence was not an option. So, the souped up van I had in a car show years ago, was loaded onto a flatbed and moved to my warehouse, my large foam truck I take to jobs is parked in the street and the motor castle is now centered in my driveway.

Once in place, the winter weather approach of spraying foam insulation had to be set up. When I do exterior spray foam insulation jobs in the winter I tarp over the entire space as I need to heat the air and the surface to a certain temperature so the foam adheres correctly. This is surprisingly much easier than you would expect. It took about an hour to get the metal exterior walls of the motorhome to the desired temperature.
Boy I would hate to be my neighbors. At least I'm adding a little color to an otherwise bleak winter landscape!
I've set up a couple of stories of staging so I can easily spray the top of the motorhome.

No comments:

Post a Comment