Monday, November 16, 2009

Progress Report III: The Kitchen

I've put my productivity into high gear as I would like to have the motor castle finished and on the road by my birthday, December 5! Last week I stained all of the cabinet boxes. This weekend my brother, Dave, more popularly known as "Hodoka Dave", helped me install a granite counter and build cabinet doors. Hodaka is a multi-talented carpenter/plumber/electrician/know-it-all/kind of guy and I love him to pieces and appreciated every minute with him this weekend. This week we are finishing the cabinet doors.

Meanwhile, here are some progress pictures of my kitchen.
Slide out pantry shelf with rails and varying shelf heights to hold different sized items.

Close up of pantry. This tucks conveniently into the wall for storage.



Curved cabinet above the counter. I curved it so you don't bump your head upon entering the door.

The tile I am going to line the wall with and the stove hood.

Curved counter and slide out cutting board.

I primed all of the wood walls and here is a closer taste of what the eating nook will look like. The benches are hollow and the cushion will be removable so you can use this as a storage space.

No comments:

Post a Comment